Thursday, May 24, 2007

Once More, With Feeling: Fener vs. Ankaragucu

With the end of the Turkcell Super Lig 2006-2007 season upon us, Fenerbahce will wrap up their 17th championship campaign this weekend as they welcome Ankaragucu to town. The Yellow Canaries will officially hoist the trophy at Sukru Saracoglu and celebrate their league-leading 17th Super Lig title. Despite the title already being claimed, Kadikoy will no doubt be rocking on Saturday, and on a personal note, I only wish I could be there to celebrate with each one of you.

Friday will feature three games in the TSL, including Kayserispor vs. Besiktas, Ankaraspor vs. Trabzonspor, and Bursaspor vs. Galatasaray. Saturday features a full slate of games, culminating in the finale of Fenerbahce vs. Ankaragucu at 20:30 (8:30 PM EST in the U.S.).

4 Comments:

Blogger PARISTEXAS said...

The next season Captain Ümit Özat will play under Daum, the former trainer of Fenerbahce, in Germany.
http://www.fc-koeln.de/index.php?id=5639

8:30 AM  
Blogger Nathan L. Redd said...

Thanks, paris - I just saw that this morning right before I read your post. I just wrote a brief piece about Umit and Rustu. Thanks again.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Emre Kızılkaya said...

Nathan, thanks to my colleague who has got a seasonal ticket, I'll be in the stadium (if tomorrow won't be a very busy working day). I'll send you photos.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Nathan L. Redd said...

Please do, Emre - I'd love to see them. I wish I could be there!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home