Thursday, May 24, 2007

Appiah Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery

Fenerbahce and Ghana star Stephen Appiah is recovering from a successful knee surgery that is expected to sideline him for approximately six weeks. The surgery stems from an injury he suffered in January, but with Fenerbahce clinching the Turkcell Super Lig title, Appiah decided to have the surgery now to give him ample time to regain his fitness.

"Now that my club have won the Turkish title, I think it is the appropriate time for me to attend to this long-standing knee injury," Appiah told BBC Sport. The 26-year-old star has been linked to various transfer rumors, including one that would send him back to his former club, Italian side Juventus. However, nothing has been determined and Appiah indicated that he is hoping to be 100% fit before the start of the 2007-2008 campaign, as well as the 2008 Nations Cup. Appiah's native Ghana will host the Nations Cup in January.

"The most important thing for me is to be fully fit to play for my country at the Nations Cup. My country is hosting the event next year and I am doing everything possible to keep myself fully fit and in shape for tournament. That is the ultimate goal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home