Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Is Emre a Target For Fenerbahce?


A published report in Tuesday's English news outlet "The Mirror" states that Newcastle United midfielder and Turkish national Emre wants to stay at St. James Park following their managerial change. The report also indicates that Emre is a potential target of two other high-profile clubs: Bayern Munich and Fenerbahce.
The 26-year-old Emre stated that he has three years remaining on his deal with Newcastle and intends to honor that deal. Earlier this season, Emre fought racism claims that proved to be unsubstantiated. The claims, brought upon by several players including American troublemaker Tim Howard, lead several sources to state that Emre may leave the English Premier League and possibly return to his home country to play in the Turkcell Super Lig. No direct contact between Emre and Fenerbahce has ever been confirmed, however.
With the claims behind him, it appears that Emre is determined to build the English club into a winner under their new leader.

3 Comments:

Blogger tuthamon said...

I hope not...I don't want to see this guy in Fenerbahçe...
You see,it's not only a question of kicking the ball and trying to score and win...İt's just more then that,it's about the colors,the spirit of the club,the history they made and what they have been and are presenting.
It's the culture,it's the mentality,it's the character,it's the facts that Fenerbhaçe believes in and defends.
This guy as a person is completely against all of these...I don't care how talented he is but he doesn't deserve to wear "çubuklu" (means "striped" as the classical jersey of Fenerbahçe is striped) with his defaulted personality.
So I hope it will remain as a rumour.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Nathan L. Redd said...

I don't believe Fener really has any interest in him, but I report it if I see it reported elsewhere. You know, tuthamon, I like Emre alright, but most Fener fans that I have met feel the same that you do. I don't believe any of the racism claims that were made against him, and I especially despise American GK Tim Howard for what I believe was a total lie.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanna say that we like emre but its only in national team. We dont wanna see him in "cubuklu". Becouse "cubuklu" has a spirit and emre cant understand.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home