Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Quick Glance at Fenerbahce News 2 (Continued)


A Quick Glance at Fenerbahce News 2 (Continued)

By Ozgur R. Nazilli

Ilhan Named Amongst The Promising Stars By The French
Ilhan Parlak, the young striker who transferred to Fenerbahce from Kayserispor during the summer transfer window, has been named amongst the 15 most promising youngsters in Europe with the likes of Nani (Manchester United), Obi Mikel (Chelsea) and Messi (Barcelona).

This great honor was bestowed upon Ilhan by the French "France Football" magazine. The 20 year-old Fenerbahce striker has been nicknamed "the Finisher" by the magazine and he has been seen as showing signs of becoming a great striker in the future.

Ilhan commented on the article: "It really is a great honor for me. I played for the U-19 National Team last year and scored 5 goals in 3 matches, becoming the top scorer in the tournament. I continued on that performance at Kayserispor and that is why Fenerbahce transferred me this year. I am hoping to build on my good form and win a solid place both in Fenerbahce and in European football."

Congratulations Ilhan. I saw this news at Antu.com, and after doing a bit of digging online I found a limited digital version of the magazine in the original French. I was really proud when I saw Ilhan's picture in the Fenerbahce jersey next to Ryan Babel (Liverpool) and Nani (Manchester United). I hope he can use the positive learning atmosphere in the team and make an impact in Turkish football. We really need some good quality strikers to replace the 36 year-old strikers of the National Team...

(Link to the article (in French): http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/mag/flip/index_flip.html)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home