Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fenerbahce On The Verge of Signing Nick Carle


Fenerbahce On The Verge Of Signing Nick Carle
By Nathan L. Redd

According to published media reports out of Australia, Fenerbahce are on the verge of signing Australian star Nick Carle to a contract. The 25-year-0ld midfielder was Australia's A-League Player of the Year in 2007. The transfer fee for Carle is reported to be approximately $505,000.

Carle has European experience despite his young age. He spent the 2001-2002 season with French side Troyes. Reports indicate that he is currently in Istanbul undergoing medical exams and could sign with Fenerbahce by the end of the week.

More to come on this story later today.

5 Comments:

Blogger PARISTEXAS said...

Hi Nathan L.
I've read the news at FIFA.com.
How fast you find news on Fener!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Oz Kanka said...

If he does sign it will mean the doubling of people in Turkey educated by the Patrician brothers.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Eddy Blaxell said...

That's a photo of the sterj ;)

Nick Carle = http://images.google.com/images?um=1&tab=wi&hl=en&q=nick%20carle

11:38 AM  
Blogger Nathan L. Redd said...

Thanks, fyfe. I just changed it. We're just learning about Nick Carle, so I'm sorry for the mix-up.

Oz Kanka, you are actually the first person I thought of when I heard this news. It's only a matter of time before Turks are throwing boomerangs, playing cricket, and saying "crikey" (play on all Australian stereotypes as possible).

Don't worry, once I get over there I'll have the Turks eating hamburgers, wearing cowboy hats, and speaking too loudly in public (all of the worst American stereotypes).

12:04 PM  
Blogger Oz Kanka said...

I have no idea about the bloke. All I know he went to my "brother" high school in Sydney and as our schools used to swap teachers all the time I might have something in common with him. Except, obviously, for the fact that I want Fenerbahce to lose.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home