Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Zico: "I Don't Think I'll Be Staying In Turkiye Long"


Speaking to Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, Fenerbahce manager Arthur Zico stated "I don't think I'll be staying (here in Turkiye) for long." When referring to Fenerbahce's gigantic fan base and the pressure of the Fener managerial job, he said "It's not an easy task at all, working for a club this popular; nevertheless, I'm happy."
Speaking of his future in Kadikoy, Zico said "I've got a two-year contract, but I know very well that if the Canaries do not win the championship this season, they will not approve of my stay here. (Sporting) Lisbon is my dream team as far as coaching goes. When I was a little boy, my father and I used to listen to Sporting Lisbon games over the radio."
Zico spoke highly of Fenerbahce in the interview, calling it Turkiye's largest and most important club. However, he obviously senses the pressure to win a Super Lig Championship or risk losing his job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home