Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Roberto Carlos May Return to Brasil National Team

Roberto Carlos May Return to Brasil National Team
By Nathan L. Redd

Despite retiring from the Brasil National Team over a year and a half ago, Fenerbahce superstar Roberto Carlos is considering a return to his native country's side. Carlos did an interview earlier this week with Brasilian magazine Invicto and talked about the negative end to his international career.

"My real image is that I have played 132 games with the national team, with only 16 defeats. I think people made up an unfair, disrespectful image," he told Invicto. "I want to return because I feel well. I do not even care about being in the starting line-up. I am going to work to win. I would return with my head up, and happy."

Carlos will be 37 years old when the 2010 World Cup arrives, but the Fenerbahce star remained confident about his ability. "I think I am in a position to play (in the 2010 World Cup). I am physically fit. The physical aspect is what is most important," he stated.

Carlos stressed that his current fitness is as good as its ever been, leading to a possible return to Brasil's National Team. "I am going through the best part of my career. When I think the time is right, I will call (Brasilian Manager Dunga) to talk, with no pressure, about his plans for me. I think that the player must take that initiative."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home