Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dutch Star Hoping for Fenerbahce Move

Dutch Star Hoping for Fenerbahce Move
By Nathan L. Redd

Dutch striker Afonso Alves has a rapidly rising profile in Europe and he's using it to his advantage. The star of Holland's Heerenveen Football Club is looking to make a move abroad during the January transfer window, and Fenerbahce sits at the top of his list.

According to Alves, Fenerbahce has offered a deal for the Brasilian-born star. Alves also claims that English sides Manchester City and Middlesbrough are interested. Fellow Dutch side AZ Alkmaar had hoped to sign Alves but are close to admitting defeat.

Setanta Sports quotes Alves as saying "I hope my transfer is decided this week,” said Alves. “I want to further my career and I want to remain in the picture of national coach Dunga. That won’t happen at Heerenveen.” Alves also stated on his personal website that Fenerbahce is prepared to offer 20 Million Euros to bring the star to Kadikoy. He said in an interview just over a week ago “I expect that my move to one of the two clubs will be sealed when I’m back in the Netherlands.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home