Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gokhan: "(Milli Takim) Preparations Going Well"

Gokhan: "(Milli Takim) Preparations Going Well"
By Nathan L. Redd

Prior to Turkiye's big EURO 2008 qualifiers, first-time participant and Fenerbahce defender Gokhan Gonul spoke with the media during a press conference in Estonia. "We want to cheer up the Turkish people," the 22-year-old explained. "Our preparations are going really well. I want to play in this game."

Fellow newcomers Yusuf Şimşek and Semih Şentürk were also at the conference, alongside teammate Gökhan. Fenerbahçe striker Semih stated "I wasn't expecting to be called up. But I don't feel nervous. Even if I am used as a sub, I will do my best. I have enough experience from my Under-21 days and Fenerbahçe's UEFA Champions League campaign. We have the strength to beat Norway."

Former Fenerbahçe star Yusuf, now at Denizlispor, spoke about earning his first cap at age 32. "I am here for the first time but the spirit among the players is amazing. I think this will help us get a victory. The Norway match will be hard but we know there will be 70 million Turkish fans behind us."

(some content courtesy of uefa.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home