Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fenerbahce Worldwide in Turkiye


The American has landed.....as many of you know, I am in Turkiye pursuing some sport business opportunities as well as speaking with universities and ofcourse, attending a Fenerbahce match. Although I have been to Turkiye once before, I have never seen my beloved Fenerbahce play in person. This will all change on Saturday as I will attend my first Fener match - Fenerbahce vs. Konyaspor in Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.


I will be blogging during my trip and giving updates on this American's first Fenerbahce match and my sporting endeavors in Turkiye.


I arrived at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul this morning at 12:00. The flight was long, but good and unbelievably, I had a friend on board. A guy I had met in New York at the Fenerbahce USA Banquet was on my flight to Istanbul. He told me he had seen me on Turkish television many times and was looking forward to seeing me at the match this weekend.


So, it's 15:30 and I am sitting in my friend Mustafa's carpet shop in Sultanahmet. Mustafa owns a great carpet business (http://www.mustafacarpets.com/) and has been a friend of mine for several years. It is just great to sit here in his shop and be back in Istanbul. I regularly eat Turkish food at home in Louisville, but it never tastes as good as it does in Turkiye.


I will leave to go to my hotel in Uskudar on the Asian side here shortly and probably crash after the long trip. I'm looking forward to calling many of you who have contacted me in the morning and venturing over to mabed (Kadikoy). Gorusuruz -
Nathan L. Redd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home