Thursday, March 29, 2007

Appiah, Fener Management Squash Transfer Rumors


Reports surfaced earlier this week stating the Scottish side Glasgow Celtic are interested in the services of Fenerbahce and Ghana star Stephen Appiah. However, if Appiah has his way, he'll be wearing the navy blue and yellow stripes in the future. "I’m tired of these transfer rumours about me.’ He said that every time he goes out of the country, the media speculates that he is going to meet with a team. If I go to England for a national match, they say I’m seeing Arsenal or Portsmouth. My family lives in Italy. I visit them and they say I am speaking with the Italian clubs. First of all, I’m not looking for a team, others teams can look for me. I’m tired of these transfer rumours about me. Every time I left a club, I had good relations and wished them always well. I love Fenerbahce, Istanbul and the people here. If I leave Fenerbahce now, I will come and visit here and watch the matches. I love Fenerbahce that much. I’m not interested in what they write or say about me. All I think about is to be the champion and get the Turkish Cup. Nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow. I’m here and I have contact with Fenerbahce till 2009. If there is an offer, the president and the administration will consider that."

Regarding his recent injury which sidelined him from the Ghana vs. Brazil match, Appiah said "I start my training today; my MRI results came back positive and I will be able to play next week." Regarding his position on the pitch, Appiah stated that "right wing is not my position but our trainer considers it to be tactically better for me to play there. He told me that I am an offensive player and that he wants me to play there. I will do whatever my trainer says."

Appiah re-stated his joy of playing futbol in Turkiye and speculated on the last leg of the season. "We have nine more matches to play and it is a long period, everything can change. We plan to continue being the leader and get our points. We will be the champion and our fans will be very happy. We shouldn’t think about Besiktas and Galatasaray right now." When speaking about playing during the centennial year of the club, Appiah said "I’m proud to be on the team of the 100th year of Fenerbahce. The Turkish Cup hasn’t been won for 24 years. It is really important for everyone to get this Cup. It will be a huge success. After I quit football, I will come here and visit the Fenerbahce Museum in the Stadium and see my pictures with cups."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home