Friday, September 01, 2006

Luciano, Fenerbahce Part Ways


Reliable Fenerbahce defender Fabio Luciano has parted ways with the club, it was announced on Thursday. Luciano played for Fenerbahce for three seasons, but suffered an injury recently that resulted in an early termination of his contract. The Brazilian-born defender had inquiries recently from Besiktas, but appears ready to leave Turkiye rather than play for a Turkcell Super Lig rival.

"It upsets me to be leaving like this. I wish I could help the team. It also upsets me that I can’t work with someone like Zico. I have to get better and I have time to do that. I have respect for Beşiktaş’s offer but I had some great days here and at the moment I don’t want to move to a club other than Fenerbahçe here" stated Luciano.

We wish Fabio and his family the best and thank him for three tremendous seasons with Fenerbahce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home