Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Roberto Carlos Hoping to Rejoin Brasil

Roberto Carlos Hoping to Rejoin Brasil
By Nathan L. Redd

According to media outlet Eurosport, Fenerbahce superstar Roberto Carlos may come out of international retirement to join the Brasil National Team. Carlos told reporters this week "If the coach needs me and calls me in for a conversation, I can think about the chance of wearing the national team jersey again. I am physically perfect and I know that I can help the team with my experience."

The Fener defender left international duty in 2006 to give a chance to some of Brasil's younger up-and-coming players. However, he pointed to some regret he had about his decision. "I very much wanted to continue playing for Brasil but after the World Cup in Germany, I preferred to leave the place to other players like Gilberto and Kleber who are being tried out in that position." Nevertheless, Carlos welcomes a return to help his native country out if he is needed. "If Dunga calls me to talk I will see then what happens next. I think I can still give a good contribution to the national team."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home