Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Zico Hopeful for UEFA Cup Second Leg on Thursday


Fenerbahce know they have their work cut out for them if they are to advance in the UEFA Cup, but Canaries' manager Zico is optimistic about the team's chances in Holland.
“Both teams preferred an attacking style of play that resulted in six goals (referring to the first leg). We have only completed the first 90 minutes of an 180-minute competition, conceding three goals at home is a disadvantage, but I can count on my players. We will play to win in the second leg.”
When asked about the protest by supporters against some of his players during the first leg in Kadikoy, Zico answered, “The players have my 100 percent support. The fans' reaction was wrong and my players showed great character bringing the game from 3-1 to 3-3. Real fans support their team both in success and failure; I hope that this will be the case for us from now on. Those who want good things for Fenerbahçe must support Alex,” Zico said, “He deserves it with the performance he has shown up until today. I will not rest him – he will be a regular starter as long as he has no injuries.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home